Job Opportunities - Medical Assistant
To apply for a position, please send your cover letter and complete resume to Carol Martinez at email@example.com
Position Title: Medical Assistant
Supervisor: Chief Operations Officer
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or requirements of this position. Employees are expected to perform other functions as assigned or requested to further support the organization’s mission.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible to medically assist the providers at Wilmington Community Clinic. This position will require knowledge of Wilmington Community Clinic’s Policies and Procedures and standards; the ability to interact with personnel as well as outside agencies and patients; the ability to act independently to carry out duties and responsibilities of the job without specific supervision by people or procedures; and the aptitude to establish work priorities to meet established deadlines.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Patient Relations
- Assures timeliness of services rendered to patients
- Arranges for and assists patients in understanding instructions
- Patient Care
- Elicits patient medical history
- Assists patient in room as needed
- Looks after patient’s comfort while on premises
- Maintains availability to examining Provider as needed
- Demonstrates accurate knowledge in management of emergency situations
- Electronic Health Systems
- Is proficient in the use of the electronic health record to:
- access patient records;
- access lab results;
- access immunization records;
- access other Patient Health Information as required.
- Is proficient in the use of various portals for accessing patient information (i.e. Labs, Radiology, etc.)
- Accurately performs
- Vital signs, vision tests, immunizations
- Assists Provider in clinical examinations (handing equipment, supplies and instruments to Provider)
- Assists in minor surgery, positioning and draping patients
- Maintains set-up for collection of cultures and transports to Laboratory
- Check medical supply stock and informs appropriate staff of supply needs.
- Inventory, Ordering, Facility Maintenance
- Follows appropriate standards with infectious exposure
- Maintains equipment and inventory of supplies
- Demonstrate understanding of WCC policies and procedures.
- Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among all staff of WCC.
- Interacts with patients, physicians, staff, and visitors in ways that demonstrate caring and reflect the WCC mission and philosophy.
- Attends WCC meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Punctuality and excellent attendance required.
- Participate annually in a skills review and work with management to develop personal skills improvement plan.
- Ability to remain organized while managing multiple details
- Bilingual/Bicultural English/Spanish preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to relate to people from different socio-economic backgrounds
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Medical terminology
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy and confidentiality practices. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and appearance a must.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certificate (Completion of Medical Assisting course by National Association of Trade and Technical Schools)
- 2 years experience preferred
- Completion of CPR and current certification
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position.
Position requires standing and walking in a clinical setting. Some lifting of boxes and/or equipment may be required typically no more than 20 pounds.
Some local travel may be required.