Job Opportunities - Human Resources Generalist
To apply for a position, please send your cover letter and complete resume to Carol Martinez at email@example.com
Position Title: Human Resources Generalist
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or requirements of this position. Employees are expected to perform other functions as assigned or requested to further support the organization’s mission.
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with management in supporting clinic site(s). This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding/offboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Essential Position Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate understanding of WCC policies and procedures.
- Interacts with patients, physicians, staff, vendors, and visitors in ways that demonstrate caring and reflect the WCC mission and philosophy.
- Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among all staff of WCC
- Represents the clinic in the community, as requested, by attending community meetings and events, etc.
- Attend trainings or workshops as appropriate
- Attends WCC meetings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Non-Essential Position Responsibilities
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
Communication Skill Requirements:
- Ability to write simple correspondence and/or reports
- Ability to provide customer service to a varied group with tact and sensitivity
- Ability to read and interpret employee handbooks for WCC
- Ability to effectively present information
Mathematical Skill Requirements:
- Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) plus the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference and volume, etc.
- Ability to analyze data and reach appropriate conclusion
Reasoning Skill Requirements:
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge and experience with Paychex or similar HRIS systems
Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree is preferred
- 3+ years of experience human resource experience in a clinical and/or non-profit setting highly preferred
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but may serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
Some local travel may be required.