To apply for a position, please send your cover letter and complete resume to Carol Martinez at email@example.com
Position Title: Chief Operations Officer
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or requirements of this position. Employees are expected to perform other functions as assigned or requested to further support the organization’s mission.
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) directs, administers and manages the operations of the organization in accordance with policies, strategic goals and objectives, towards the achievement of continuous improvement in the provision of quality services. Leads in planning and directing the system-wide operations and provides guidance in long and short range planning functions. Works collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officer to develop, monitor and implement with the clinical departments, quality improvement and outcome measures.
The Chief Operating Officer positively supports Wilmington Community Clinic’s core values, vision and mission to ensure that the organization’s goals and objectives are met. Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Responsible for the administration and management of Wilmington Community Clinic’s operations and programs. Provides guidance to and oversight of the departments of Wilmington Community Clinic.
- Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors.
- Ensures that there is full commitment to the Clinic’s, goals and objectives through awareness and education. Ensures that systems are in place to support documentation and statistics for the Clinic.
- Advises the Chief Executive Officer and other management members in decision-making. Seeks transformational change through proactive performance improvement.
- Advocates and promotes organizational changes related to organization mission and strategic goals and objectives. Seeks development opportunities through grants, other potential funding sources, membership and program development.
- Directly oversees the function of the key operational units within the Clinic. Guides and assists with implementation strategies for Electronic Health Records and other efficiency initiatives; oversees IT projects.
- Oversees design, delivery and quality of patient care services and programs. Seeks development opportunities for enhancement of services
- Supervise MA’s
- Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Formulates and recommends operating policies and objectives or changes in existing policies and objectives. Ensures compliance with regulatory and operational requirements through implementation of approved policies and objectives.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communication throughout the organization (system of care).
- Assists, participates, and directs the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon goals and growth objectives and recommends their adoption to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Ensures availability of competent staff for the operation of all major organization activities, sees that they are properly trained and fully informed. Coordinates efforts of senior management.
- Coach and develop operations staff.
- Represent the organization externally in community relations and development of effective partnerships that would facilitate the development of a comprehensive and geographically dispersed integrated health care system.
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written presentation
- Ability to write articles, reports and proofreading of materials
- Ability to plan and implement programs, agendas and meetings
- Bilingual/Bicultural; English/Spanish strongly recommended
- Ability to remain organized while managing multiple details
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, Desktop Publishing and Outlook
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Public Administration or Clinical Field preferred.
- 10 years of executive management and administrative experience in a complex healthcare organization, including hospital or large multi-site physician practice
- Knowledgeable of applicable regulations including Joint Commission, HRSA, OSHA, HIPPA, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of ambulatory care operations, corporate management, financial management systems including budgeting, reimbursement and strategic management
- Excellent people skills and ability to work with a dynamic leadership team. Ability to communicate effectively with patients and co-workers, have a working relationship with administrative staff
- Personal qualities of Integrity, credibility and commitment to the organization’s mission
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach senior level associates to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement business strategies
- Knowledge of community clinic operation.
- Experience working with Latino community preferred.
Supervises staff in an assigned area. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Position requires prolonged hours of sitting and working on a computer; walking in a clinic setting; ability to travel to local meetings and on occasion within and out of state.
Frequent travel to local meetings; occasional travel within and out of state.